Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) began in March of 2020. ERAP is a county-administered program that offers rental assistance and housing stability services to individuals and families experiencing or at risk of homelessness due to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The program is focused on two components: Rental and Utility Assistance, and Housing Stability Services. Lancaster County Housing Authority was awarded a total of 64 million dollars to disperse to families who live in Lancaster County and Lancaster City.
For November and December 2022
- Any application that does not include documentation to support eligibility by December 31, 2022, will be deemed ineligible and become a “denied” application.
- For eligible households, rent and utility arrears since March 2020 can be paid.
- No utility arrearages will be accepted through November 1st.
- Future months of rent assistance will run through December 2022.
- Hotel stays will no longer be supported starting November 1st. Applicants that were previously approved will continue through their 90-day period of eligibility.
Starting January 2023
- Existing, eligible applicants can receive a maximum of 12 months of assistance since March 2021.
- Payment of rent arrears will be made for households that document a risk of eviction.
- If an eligible household is displaced, eviction court fees, security deposit and first month’s rent can be paid.
The ERAP helpline can be reached at 717-590-3101, or you can call the offices of the Lancaster County Housing Authority at 717-394-0793 to make an appointment to meet with ERAP program staff at our offices.
If you are unable to come into the offices of the Lancaster County Housing Authority you may bring your paperwork to one of the ERAP hub locations throughout Lancaster County.
Real Life Community Services
240 Main Street, Suite B, Denver, PA 17517
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9am-4pm, Friday, 9am-1pm, by appointment
To contact: 717-336-7797 or [email protected]
Ephrata Area Social Services (EASS)
227 North State Street, Ephrata, PA 17552
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm, by appointment
To contact: 717-733-0345
BASE Inc (By appointment)
447 S. Prince Street, Lancaster, PA 17603
Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Contact: [email protected] or 717-742-0115
Community Action Partnership (CAP)
601 S. Queen Street, Lancaster, PA 17603
Bilingual staff able to assist
Hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10am-1pm, 2-4pm, by appointment
To contact: 717-299-7301
407 Howard Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17602
Hours: Mondays, 9am-12pm, 1-5pm, Fridays 9am-12pm, by appointment
To contact: 717-394-6604
615 Fairview Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17603
Bilingual staff available to assist by appointment
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am-4pm. Evening hours by appointment
To contact: 717-291-6252
Lancaster County Housing Authority
28 Penn Square, Suite 100 Lancaster, PA 17603
Monday: 8-11:30am walk-ins welcome, 1-3:30pm by appointment ONLY
Tuesday: 8-11:30am walk-ins welcome, 1-3pm by appointment ONLY
Wednesday: 8-11:30am walk-ins welcome, 1-2pm by appointment ONLY
Thursday: 8-11:30am walk-ins welcome, 1-3:30pm by appointment ONLY
Friday: 8-11:30am by appointment ONLY, Closes at 12pm
127 W. Franklin Street, New Holland, PA 17557
Hours: Mondays – Wednesdays, 10am-4pm, by appointment
To contact: 717-355-2454
The Factory Ministries
3293 Lincoln Hwy E, Paradise, PA 17562
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm
To contact: 717-687-9594
Lancaster County Rental Assistance Program Employment and Income Certifications
Authorization for Release of Information
Duplication of Services Certification
Statement of Past Due Rent and Utilities Since March 2020
Continued Assistance Information Sheet
Recertification Form (Spanish)
Program Income Limits
Fiscal Year 2022 Income Limit Category
Persons in Family
30% (Extremely Low Income)
50% (Very Low Income)
80% Low Income