Joint Funding Group Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Lancaster County Homeless Coalition is requesting applications for funding for programs to serve households experiencing homelessness and at-risk of experiencing homelessness in Lancaster County through the below programs and services:
- Rapid Rehousing (Pathways to My Home) – Case Management/Rental Assistance/Financial Assistance
- Prevention/Diversion – Case Management/Rental Assistance/Financial Assistance
- Emergency Shelter
- Coordinated Assessment
- Legal Support/Services
- Flexible Use Funds
- Landlord/Tenant Mediation and Education
- Other innovative projects to serve households experiencing homelessness in Lancaster County
The application for this RFP opens February 8th, 2022
Responses are due by 5pm on March 22nd, 2022.
Completed applications should be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
It is expected that award decisions will be made no later than the end of May 2022. The contract period for awarded funds will begin July 1, 2022 and will end June 30, 2023.
The Lancaster County Homeless Coalition is striving to create a no barrier, no silo system by providing funds to programs that serve any household type and all subpopulations. Highly rated proposals will serve all household types and align with the Lancaster County Homeless Coalition Strategic Plan.
Funding available through this application is comprised of the following sources:
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Funds – through the City and County of Lancaster
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds – through the County of Lancaster
- Homeless Assistance Program (HAP) funds – through the County of Lancaster
- United Way of Lancaster County (UW)
- Continuum of Care (CoC) Funds – (Outreach, Coordinated Entry) through the Lancaster County Homeless Coalition
- Can be either non-profit or for-profit entities (please note that some funds made available through this process require the applicant to be a non-profit organization, which may require that a for-profit organization have a non-profit fiduciary)
- Must have a DUNS number. The U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) requires that all applicants for government funds must have a DUNS number. A DUNS number is the Data Universal Numbering System, abbreviated as DUNS or D-U-N-S, which is a proprietary system developed and regulated by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). A DUNS is a unique numeric identifier that can be obtained at the following website: http://www.dnb.com/get-a-duns-number.html
- Can NOT be disbarred or suspended from receiving funds or doing business with the federal government
- Must be a drug-free workplace
- Must comply with the Patriot Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Note: Applicants may be given time to comply with additional requirements related to certain funding sources.
Evaluation Criteria and Application Review
Evaluation Process: The Lancaster County Homeless Coalition’s funding review committee will evaluate and rate each proposal on the strengths of the proposal and the responsiveness to the application request. All recipients must be ready to begin their proposed program(s) July 1, 2022.
The Lancaster County Homeless Coalition’s funding review committee reserves the right to seek clarification of information submitted in response to this RFP and/or to request additional information during the evaluation process.
A Joint Funders Application Information session will take place on February 15th from 9:30am-11:30am via Zoom: Joint Funding Information Session
Please note, this will be the only time to publicly ask questions before
the due date on March 22nd 2022.
All questions should be emailed to: [email protected] Questions emailed prior to the Information Session on February 15th will be answered during the forum. Questions asked after the information session up to March 18th will be responded to within 48 business hours and added to an FAQ document that will be updated regularly and can be accessed here: 2022-2023 Joint Funding FAQ’s
Attach #1-Joint Funding Counter Terrorism Compliance
Attach #3- Racial Equity Survey 22-23
Attach #4 – ADA Compliance Certification
Attach #5 Anti-Lobbying Certification-Policy
Exhibit #1 LCHC- Strategic Vision